Gå direkt till innehåll
Lärarnas a-kassa
  • Bli medlem

How to apply for compensation

If you have just become unemployed, things can feel stressful and overwhelming, not least applying for compensation from the unemployment insurance fund. On this page you can read about how to apply for compensation, step by step.

1. Register as unemployed

The first thing you need to do is to register as unemployed with the Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen). It is important that you register your first day of unemployment. When you are registered they will send us information about you so that we have you in our systems.

  • Go to Arbetsförmedlingen

2. Apply for compensation

Log into the e-service for compensation and fill out the application for compensation. In the application we ask you for information that we need to handle your application, such as what you were doing before becoming unemployed.

  • Log in
  • How we handle your personal data (page in Swedish)

4. Request a work certificate

One of the tasks on the list is to ask your employer for a work certificate. The easiest way to ask for one is the log into the e-service for compensation and to click ”Begär arbetsgivarintyg” under “E-tjänster”. From there you can send a ready-made email to your employer asking for a certificate.

  • If your employer sends you the work certificate via arbetsgivarintyg.nu, you will receive a message when it is ready to be approved by you. After that, we can see it.
  • If you have received the work certificate as a PDF you can upload it in the e-service for compensation.
  • If you have a work certificate on paper, you need to take a picture of it and upload it in the e-service for compensation.

5. Report your time and activity

Each week you apply for compensation you need to fill out a timesheet. This is done in the e-service for compensation. Every month, on the 14th at the latest, you also need to send an activity report to the Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen) stating how many jobs you have applied for.

6. We handle your application

When we have received your application, we will start to handle it as soon as possible. This means that one of our case managers will look at your application thoroughly and decide whether we can grant it or not. If we miss something in your application, we will add it to the to-do-list, and you will automatically receive a message in the e-service for compensation.

7. Decision and payment

As soon as we have finished handling your application you will receive a decision in the e-service for compensation. The payment is generally transferred on Thursdays. So, if we grant your application, you will receive the payment on the Thursday after you have received the decision.

Register you bank details at Swedbank

Remember to register your bank details at Swedbank, so that you receive your payment directly to your bank account.

Let us know if something changes

Your level on compensation depends on several factors. In order to receive the right amount of compensation you need to report all changes to us within two weeks. You report the changes in the e-service for compensation.

Examples of changes to report:

  • You apply for a course.
  • You start freelancing or take on jobs.
  • You become part of a board.
  • You take on a commission of trust.
  • You claim your pension.

If yo are unsure about whether to report a change to us, contact us. It’s always better to report too many changes than the opposite. If you miss to report a change you may become liable for repayment, risk to lose your compensation or lose your membership in the unemployment insurance fund.

We are here for you!

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We always want to give you the best possible help based on your situation.

Related pages

English summary

Join Lärarnas a-kassa We insure what we care for, not because we expect something to go wrong but to be prepared if something does go wrong. The same thing applies to income, as a member of an a-kassa you can get up to 80 percent of your salary if you become unemployed.

About the compensation

As a member of an unemployment insurance fund, you can receive 80 percent of your previous salary if you become unemployed. To be eligible for the compensation, you need to meet certain requirements. On this page you can read more about them.

Kontakta oss

Det finns flera sätt att komma i kontakt med oss. Du kan ringa, chatta med oss eller skicka ett meddelande till oss i inloggat läge. På den här sidan kan du läsa mer om hur du kommer i kontakt med oss.

Om Lärarnas a-kassa

Vi är Sveriges största a-kassa för lärare, skolledare, studie- och yrkesvägledare och lärarstudenter och har ca 158 000 medlemmar. Vårt viktigaste uppdrag är att betala ut a-kassa till våra arbetslösa medlemmar.


Skicka in handlingar

Lärarnas a-kassa
Fe 68 938 88 Arjeplog

Telefonnummer: 0770-33 00 10

Kontakta oss

  • Information om cookies
  • Behandling av personuppgifter
  • Om webbplatsen