Gå direkt till innehåll
Lärarnas a-kassa
  • Bli medlem

About the compensation

As a member of an unemployment insurance fund, you can receive up to 80 percent of your previous salary if you become unemployed. To be eligible for the compensation, you need to meet certain requirements. On this page you can read more about them.

Conditions for receiving compensation

To be eligible for compensation from the unemployment insurance fund in Sweden you need to live here, look for work here and have a general work permit. The conditions for compensation are called the basic conditions and the working requirement. To be entitled to the higher level of benefit you also need to have been a member of an unemployment insurance fund for 12 months or more, this requirement is called the membership requirement.

Conditions and requirements

How much is the compensation?

There are two levels of compensation: the basic compensation and the compensation based on income level. The level of compensation you are entitled to depends on how long a number of factors:

  • How many hours per week on avarage you were working before you became unemployed.
  • How much your income was on avarage per day before becoming unemployed.
  • If you meet the basic conditions or the working requirements for compensation.
  • If you hit the roof for compensation.

With the income based level of compensation you can receive a maximum 1200 kronor per day, or 510 kronor per day with the basic level of compensation. You can receive the highest level of compensation for 200 days, after that you will receive 70 percent of your former income.

Extra income insurance

If you are a member of the union, for example Sveriges Lärare or Sveriges Skolledare, you can get an extra compensation per month. With the extra income insurance, you can get a compensation of 80 percent of your former income up to 100 000 kronor per month.

  • Go to Sveriges Lärare (page in Swedish)

Time with compensation

A compensation period is 300 days and you can get compensation for a maximum of 5 days a week.

When your compensation period is over

When you have around 70 days left of your compensation period we will investigate if you are entitled to another compensation period. To be so, you need to meet the working requirement again. That means that you need to have been working a certain number of hours during your time as unemployed. The general rule is that you need to have been working at least 60 hours per month during 6 months over a period of 12 months.

If you do not meet the requirements for receiving another compensation period, you may be offered the opportunity to participate in the Job and Development Programme organised by the Swedish Public Employment Agency (Arbetsförmedlingen).

Related pages

Contact Us

There are several ways to get in touch with us. There are multiple avenues for contacting us, including calling, chatting, or sending a message while …

How to apply for compensation

If you have just become unemployed, things can feel stressful and overwhelming, not least applying for compensation from the unemployment insurance fund. On this page you can read about how to apply for compensation, step by step.

Om Lärarnas a-kassa

Vi är Sveriges största a-kassa för lärare, skolledare, studie- och yrkesvägledare och lärarstudenter och har ca 158 000 medlemmar. Vårt viktigaste uppdrag är att betala ut a-kassa till våra arbetslösa medlemmar.


Skicka in handlingar

Lärarnas a-kassa
Fe 68 938 88 Arjeplog

Telefonnummer: 0770-33 00 10

Kontakta oss

  • Information om cookies
  • Behandling av personuppgifter
  • Om webbplatsen